Re: psql doesn't reuse -p after backend fail

From: Denish Patel <denish(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, depesz(at)depesz(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql doesn't reuse -p after backend fail
Date: 2011-09-06 16:31:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yeah, Definitely it's not *expected* behavior so documentation is the good
starting point unless we fix the code soon. I don't agree with Tom's comment
on we should find out the reason for crash instead. In most of the cases,
reason for the crash is because someone restarted database and user trying
to get connection back.

my 2 cents!