Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Date: 2013-01-03 15:17:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut escribió:
>
> > If we're going to store object creation time, I think we should do it
> > for all objects, stored in a separate catalog, like pg_depend or
> > pg_description, keyed off classid, objectid. And have a simple C
> > function to call to update the information stored there.
>
> +1

+1

> We require two catalogs though, one shared, one database-local.

Have you a suggestion for the names of this new two catalogs?

> Would we track ctime of subsidiary objects such as constraints etc?

If we're going to this way I think yes...

As Peter said we can start add it for a few commands in one release (maybe
first for shared objects) and then for a few more commands in a next
release, and next... until we cover all commands...

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL