Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Date: 2021-01-05 03:02:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 5:08 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PSA my v9 WIP patch for the Solution1 which addresses some recent
> review comments, and other minor changes.

I did some tests using the test suite prepared by Erik Rijkers in [1]
during the initial design of tablesync.

Back then, they had seen some errors while doing multiple commits in
initial tablesync. So I've rerun the test script on the v9 patch
applied on HEAD and found no errors.
The script runs pgbench, creates a pub/sub on a standby server, and
all of the pgbench tables are replicated to the standby. The contents
of the tables are compared at
the end of each run to make sure they are identical.
I have run it for around 12 hours, and it worked without any errors.
Attaching the script I used.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia