Re: Failure of subscription tests with topminnow

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-08-24 12:58:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 9:08 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> What happens when there is neither a new walsender nor an old
> walsender is present? It means to run the above statement when a new
> walsender is exited due to error "... slot is active ..." and before a
> new walsender could start. Also, allow old walsender (due to which the
> error occurs) to exit before executing the statement.

I tried this, then the query returns a null instead of 'false' because
there is no entry for that application_name.

postgres=# select pid != 31876 from pg_stat_replication where
application_name = 'sub';
?column?
(0 rows)

> Also, it seems this failure happens on REL_11_STABLE branch, not sure
> if that matters, but it is better to use the same branch if you are
> using a different branch to reproduce the issue.

Ok, I didn't realise this. I will try this.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia