Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions
Date: 2024-03-27 11:49:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 7:50 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> In addition to these changes, I've made some changes to the latest
> patch. Here is the summary:
>
> - Use txn_flags field to record the transaction status instead of two
> 'committed' and 'aborted' flags.
> - Add regression tests.
> - Update commit message.
>
> Regards,

Hi Sawada-san,

Thanks for the updated patch. Some comments:

1.
+ * already aborted, we discards all changes accumulated so far and ignore
+ * future changes, and return true. Otherwise return false.

we discards/we discard

2. In function ReorderBufferCheckTXNAbort(): I haven't tested this but I
wonder how prepared transactions would be considered, they are neither
committed, nor in progress.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia