Re: G+PostgreSQL Advocacy

From: John Graber <devopsdba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: G+PostgreSQL Advocacy
Date: 2014-07-30 02:52:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hmmmm... automated posting to G+. It's a great thought. But I don't know
if there's an API one could make use of.

I'm in a different boat with pgMKE because our "web site" is a G+ page and
I create events as G+ Events which are a piece of cake to share. But I
realize that doesn't fit for everyone, and
http://www.postgresql.org/about/events/ is and should always be the central
list.

A better method than a manual one from each event's organizer doesn't come
to mind at the moment. Any suggestions that would improve upon that are
most welcome.

For the minimum number of buttons to push, you could post just the link to
your event, as Josh did. (This might be useful for the majority of user
groups that are on Meetup.)
https://plus.google.com/116763716624645578717/posts/Ru5Xw1fBcZB

a couple of other methods...

Go the route of creating an Event directly in the PostgreSQL Community as
yourself, like Gilberto did:
https://plus.google.com/105911841271415905093/posts/MUMq6CapbYw

In the case of pgMKE — the pgMKE Page shared to the PostgreSQL Community
the Event it (pgMKE) had already created:
https://plus.google.com/117679789432538348001/posts/jCEH6wmkmTd