Re: Possible Spam(8.241):could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: iT Inject Solar LLP <itinjectsolar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible Spam(8.241):could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com" to address: Temporary failure in name resolution
Date: 2020-09-26 16:00:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat., Sep. 26, 2020, 11:23 a.m. iT Inject Solar LLP, <
itinjectsolar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using postgres database using amazon RDS for insertion of data into
> database we are using a c progamm which inserts data on continuous interval.
>
> After some time programm do stop and message comes like as quated below-
>
> *could not translate host name "istes.rds.amazonaws.com
> <http://istes.rds.amazonaws.com>" to address: Temporary failure in name
> resolution*
>
> this is causing lot of problem may please suggest what to do.

This does not appear to be a problem that relates to PostgreSQL software
altogether; it appears like an issue where DNS configuration may not be
correct.

This mailing list is for support of PostgreSQL, and Amazon RDS is not a
community supported thing; it is a proprietary fork, and Amazon, as the
proprietor, is responsible for support of THEIR product.

You need to send support questions about Amazon RDS to Amazon.