Re: BUG #6516: how to mound data folder in remote location

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: skambhapati(at)tripodtech(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6516: how to mound data folder in remote location
Date: 2012-03-05 15:55:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:02 AM, <skambhapati(at)tripodtech(dot)net> wrote:

> Bug reference:      6516
> Logged by:          Shiva
> Email address:      skambhapati(at)tripodtech(dot)net
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
> Operating system:   RHEL5.5
>
> Hi Team,
> I installed PostgreSQL in RHEL5.5 and created lvm and mounted data folder on
> lvm in RHEL Server, but the disk usage crossed more then 95% and restoration
> failed, i need to mount the data folder another server or NAS drive.
> Please help me how to overcome this issue.

Not a bug in PostgreSQL.

See the warnings on using network attached storage:
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/creating-cluster.html>

But the PostgreSQL "bugs" list is intended for reporting actual bugs
in PostgreSQL. That your server has insufficient disk capacity for a
particular database is not a bug in PostgreSQL.