Re: Kerberos-Postgresql implementation for user authentication

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Kerberos-Postgresql implementation for user authentication
Date: 2020-07-09 14:41:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 10:15, Brajendra Pratap Singh <
singh(dot)bpratap766(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Niels,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response and I apologise for the incomplete
> information.
> Actually we are trying to implement the Kerberos authentication while
> anyone trying to connect with postgresql DB user/role.
>
> Plz help us here with document.

The offerings you'll see here are going to be rather more generic; this is
a public mailing list where you will get general sorts of answers.

The generic "best answer" is to point to the standard documentation. You
should review, for each version of PostgreSQL you are interested in, the
appropriate version of
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/client-authentication.html, and most
likely, what you should be looking at is the sections on GSSAPI.

And you have received some links to other material that appears to have
useful explanations. Of course, nobody cooked that into a document that
speaks procedurally to your purposes on your several versions of CentOS and
of PostgreSQL; they pointed to explanations and tutorial material.

If you require a "procedural document" prepared in custom fashion, tailored
to your specific local requirements, then I rather think you will need to
engage one of the numerous firms that are available to provide those sorts
of professional services. Here is a link to where you can find some such:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/