Re: reg license implications in implementing/using the JDBC spec

From: Prasad Varakur <varakur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reg license implications in implementing/using the JDBC spec
Date: 2016-09-30 06:10:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for the prompt reply Dave.
>> I would argue that the pgsql-jdbc driver existed long before this
license, but I'm not a lawyer.

Sure.. but earlier version of JDBC also had some license terms (for 3.0
looks more stringent).

>> Why do you want to know ?
I am trying to understand the potential license implications/infringements
of implementing the spec (or contributing to such implementation), and, as
a end-user, using such implementation in an appl. Just part of my legal due
diligence (as the spec license seem to allow only full-implementations)

thanks for clarifying.
-Prasad

--
thanks,