Re: Cannot DROP while process running

From: Steve Horn <steve(at)stevehorn(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot DROP while process running
Date: 2012-04-11 19:19:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Restarted the PG service before reading your email, so I can't verify - but
your idea about uncomitted prepared transactions may be the culprit.

I am using the ruby PG gem's exec method and then closing the connection.
When I get some time I will fire off a few tests and see if I get the same
unexpected locking.

Thank you folks for taking the time to reply.

--
Steve Horn