Re: On columnar storage (2)

From: Bert <biertie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: On columnar storage (2)
Date: 2016-03-03 08:46:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Haribabu,

Thank you for the performance test. But please not that the patch is
'thrown away', and will be totally rewritten. I have no idea of the status
of the second / third attempt however.
However, what is interesting is that for some queries this patch is already
on par with VCI. Which db is that exactly?

Alvaro,
You wrote that a wiki page would be opened regarding this. But I still
cannot find such a page (expect for an old page which hasn't changed in the
last year). Is there already something we can look at?

Bert