Re: A qsort template

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A qsort template
Date: 2022-04-06 10:31:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is the updated insertion sort threshold patch based on Thomas'
experimental v4 0010, with adjusted regression test output. I only
found a couple places where it could make sense to add sort keys to
test queries, but 1) not enough to make a big difference and 2) the
adjustments looked out of place, so I decided to just update all the
regression tests in one go. Since the patch here is a bit more (and
less) involved than Thomas' 0010, I'm going to refrain from committing
until it gets review. If not in the next couple days, I will bring it
up at the beginning of the v16 cycle.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0010-Raise-qsort-insertion-sort-threshold.patch text/x-patch 53.2 KB