Re: Non-decimal integer literals

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non-decimal integer literals
Date: 2021-08-16 15:32:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 5:52 AM Peter Eisentraut <
peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Here is a patch to add support for hexadecimal, octal, and binary
> integer literals:
>
> 0x42E
> 0o112
> 0b100101
>
> per SQL:202x draft.
>
> This adds support in the lexer as well as in the integer type input
> functions.

The one thing that jumped out at me on a cursory reading is the {integer}
rule, which seems to be used nowhere except to
call process_integer_literal, which must then inspect the token text to
figure out what type of integer it is. Maybe consider 4 separate
process_*_literal functions?

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com