Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date: 2023-09-06 06:23:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 9:44 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I've attached v42 patch set. I improved tidstore regression test codes
> in addition of imcorporating the above comments.

Seems fine at a glance, thanks. I will build on this to implement
variable-length values. I have already finished one prerequisite which is:
public APIs passing pointers to values.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com