Re: SQL/JSON: functions

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: SQL/JSON: functions
Date: 2018-03-14 00:08:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14 Mar 2018 01:54, "Michael Paquier" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 04:08:01PM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> The docs are here
> https://github.com/obartunov/sqljsondoc/blob/master/README.jsonpath.md
>
> It's not easy to write docs for SQL/JSON in xml, so I decided to write in
more
> friendly way. We'll have time to convert it to postgres format.

If you aim at getting a feature committed first without its
documentation, and getting the docs written after the feature freeze
using a dedicated open item or such,

Exactly. SQL/JSON is rather complex thing and "converting" the standard to
the user level understanding is a separate challenge and I'd like to
continue to work on it. It's mostly written, we need to understand how to
organize it.

this

is much acceptable in my
opinion and the CF is running short in time.
--
Michael