Re: Figures in docs

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Lakhin <a(dot)lakhin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Figures in docs
Date: 2016-02-17 05:26:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> It seems there's no figures/diagrams in our docs. I vaguely recall that
> we used to have a few diagrams in our docs. If so, was there any
> technical reason to remove them?

I don't know the reason, but it's shame, we are still in sgml !

We already do our translations (as others) in xml using custom scripting.
xml provides us better integration with available tools and ability to
insert graphics. Last time we asked in -docs about moving to xml and
Alexander demonstrated acceptable speed of xml build, but there were no
reply from Peter, who is (?) responsible for our documentation
infrastructure. Probably, we should just created a patch and submit to
commitfest. You can check this thread
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1428009501118.85114@postgrespro.ru