strange behaviour of psql \e command

From: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: strange behaviour of psql \e command
Date: 2016-01-01 11:20:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Recently,

I noticed, that psql's \e command doesn't worked for me complaining 'error
opening file'. I did research and found that following setting in joe's (if
I choose editor as joe) configuraton causes the problem:
-exask ^KX always confirms file name

That worked for decades :), so I'm wondering what was changed either in El
Capitan or psql code ?

There is no problem with vi.

I use homebrew on El Capitan.

Oleg