Re: Proposal to use JSON for Postgres Parser format

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michel Pelletier <pelletier(dot)michel(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal to use JSON for Postgres Parser format
Date: 2022-10-31 13:15:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 at 13:46, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 4:27 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> On 2022-10-27 Th 19:38, Andres Freund wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > +1
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> +1
>
> Michel, it seems that you now have a green light to implement node to
> json function.

I think that Tom's proposal that we +1 is on a pg_node_tree to json
SQL function / cast; which is tangentially related to the "nodeToJson
/ changing the storage format of pg_node_tree to json" proposal, but
not the same.

I will add my +1 to Tom's proposal for that function/cast, but I'm not
sure on changing the storage format of pg_node_tree to json.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent