Re: get_constraint_index() and conindid

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: get_constraint_index() and conindid
Date: 2020-12-08 14:52:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 at 11:09, Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> get_constraint_index() does its work by going through pg_depend. It was
> added before pg_constraint.conindid was added, and some callers are
> still not changed. Are there reasons for that? Probably not. The
> attached patch changes get_constraint_index() to an lsyscache-style
> lookup instead.

This looks quite reasonable, and it passes "make installcheck-world".

Only thing I could think of is that it maybe could use a (small)
comment in the message on that/why get_constraint_index is moved to
utils/lsyscache from catalog/dependency, as that took me some time to
understand.