Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date: 2022-07-28 18:04:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 20:55, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> Okay, I think I'm done with this. Here's v27 for the master branch,
> where I fixed some comments as well as thinkos in the test script.
> The ones on older branches aren't materially different, they just have
> tonnes of conflicts resolved. I'll get this pushed tomorrow morning.
>
> I have run it through CI and it seems ... not completely broken, at
> least, but I have no working recipes for Windows on branches 14 and
> older, so it doesn't really work fully. If anybody does, please share.
> You can see mine here
> https://github.com/alvherre/postgres/commits/REL_11_STABLE [etc]
> https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5320904228995072
> https://cirrus-ci.com/github/alvherre/postgres

I'd like to bring to your attention that the test that was introduced
with 9e4f914b seem to be flaky in FreeBSD 13 in the CFBot builds: it
sometimes times out while waiting for the secondary to catch up. Or,
at least I think it does, and I'm not too familiar with TAP failure
outputs: it returns with error code 29 and logs that I'd expect when
the timeout is reached.

See bottom for examples (all 3 builds for different patches).

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent.

[1] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4960990331666432?logs=test_world#L2631-L2662
[2] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5012678384025600?logs=test_world#L2631-L2662