Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Date: 2023-11-12 09:38:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 at 12:03, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's an updated patch, addressing the review comments, and reworking
> how the work is divided between the workers & leader etc.

Thanks!

> In general I'm quite happy with the current state, and I believe it's
> fairly close to be committable.

Are you planning on committing the patches separately, or squashed? I
won't have much time this week for reviewing the patch, and it seems
like these patches are incremental, so some guidance on what you want
to be reviewed would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)