ATTACH PARTITION locking documentation for DEFAULT partitions

From: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ATTACH PARTITION locking documentation for DEFAULT partitions
Date: 2021-04-15 18:47:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I recently noticed that ATTACH PARTITION also recursively locks the
default partition with ACCESS EXCLUSIVE mode when its constraints do
not explicitly exclude the to-be-attached partition, which I couldn't
find documented (has been there since PG10 I believe).

PFA a patch that documents just that.

With regards,

Matthias van de Meent.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-ATTACH-PARTITION-locking-documentation-for-DEFAUL.patch text/x-patch 2.0 KB