Support isEmptyStringInfo

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Support isEmptyStringInfo
Date: 2022-03-23 12:32:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,
We have (StringInfo::len == 0) checks at many places. I thought it
would be better to wrap that into a function isEmptyStringInfo() to
make those checks more readable and also abstract the logic to check
emptiness of a StringInfo. I think this will be useful to extensions
outside core which also have these checks. They won't need to worry
about that logic/code being changed in future; rare but not impossible
case.

Probably we should have similar support for PQExpBuffer as well, which
will be more useful to hide the internals of PQExpBuffer from client
code. But I haven't included those changes in this patch. I can do
that if hackers like the idea.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-isEmptyStringInfo-to-check-whether-StringInfo-has-no.patch text/x-patch 5.8 KB