Re: Making empty Bitmapsets always be NULL

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, "watari(dot)yuya(at)gmail(dot)com" <watari(dot)yuya(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Making empty Bitmapsets always be NULL
Date: 2023-06-21 12:16:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

David Rowley wrote:
>I've adjusted the attached patch to do that.

I think that was room for more improvements.

1. bms_member_index Bitmapset can be const.
2. Only compute BITNUM when necessary.
3. Avoid enlargement when nwords is equal wordnum.
Can save cycles when in corner cases?

Just for convenience I made a new version of the patch,
If want to use it.

regards,
Ranier Vilela

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove_zero_trailing_words_from_bitmapsets_v5.patch application/octet-stream 22.3 KB