Re: Small miscellaneous fixes

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small miscellaneous fixes
Date: 2022-10-04 11:23:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em ter., 4 de out. de 2022 às 01:18, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
escreveu:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 08:05:57AM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> > Em seg., 3 de out. de 2022 às 05:01, Masahiko Sawada <
> sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
> > escreveu:
> >> (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)
>
> Right, I have missed this one. We do that now in
> build_backup_content() when building the contents of the backup
> history file.

> >> The same is true also for alarm_triggered in pg_test_fsync.c?
> >>
> > I don't think so.
> > If I understand the problem correctly, the failure can occur with true
> > signals, provided by the OS
> > In the case at hand, it seems to me more like an internal form of signal,
> > that is, simulated.
> > So bool works fine.
>
> I am not following your reasoning here. Why does it matter to change
> one but not the other? Both are used with SIGALRM, it seems.

Both are correct, I missed the pqsignal calls.

Attached patch to change this.

> The other three seem fine, so fixed.

Thanks Michael for the commit.

regards,
Ranier Vilela

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_declaration_volatile_signal_pg_test_fsync.patch application/octet-stream 493 bytes