Re: Permission failures with WAL files in 13~ on Windows

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)ne>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Permission failures with WAL files in 13~ on Windows
Date: 2021-03-16 11:07:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Yeah, it'd definitely be good to figure out exactly what it is that
>triggers the issue.

I think that this issue is the same at 1.
And IMHO the patch solves, but nobody is interested.

I think that "MOVEFILE_COPY_ALLOWED" that's what is missing.
At least on my machine, Postgres can rename statistics files.

regards,
Ranier Vilela

1.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200616041018.GR20404%40telsasoft.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_windows_rename.patch application/octet-stream 492 bytes