Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client is supported?

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client is supported?
Date: 2020-02-11 22:01:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em ter., 11 de fev. de 2020 às 18:08, Andrew Dunstan <
andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> escreveu:

> On 2/10/20 7:13 AM, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> >

> > Unfortunately, i will have to live with 32 bits clients for a long
> > time yet.
> > I still have customers using Windows XP yet ...
> >

> AFAIK we don't support WinXP past Postgres Release 10 because of the
> lack of huge page support. That won't affect clients, but it does mean
> we won't build or test later releases on XP.
>
> Oh yes of course, I understand.
I support 32 bits clients that still use WIndows XP, with version 9.6, for
both client and server.
Unfortunately, the notorious Windows 7 32 bits is still in use.
For these I am migrating to version 12, both for client and server.

regards,
Ranier Vilela