GSoD - a patch for Getting Started tutorial

From: Liudmila Mantrova <l(dot)mantrova(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Sarah Conway Schnurr <xenophenes42(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: GSoD - a patch for Getting Started tutorial
Date: 2019-11-16 21:04:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi everyone,

Some time ago I was selected to participate in Google season of docs
program to update the introductory tutorial. Please consider the attached
patch for the Getting Started part. Keeping the original information, i
tried to make it easy to follow, as well as added installation steps for
binary packages. I'll be glad to hear your feedback.

Many thanks to Alexander Lakhin for responding to my multiple questions and
verifying technical correctness.

--
Best regards,
Liudmila Mantrova