Re: Performance problems with 9.2.15

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Johan Fredriksson <eskil(at)kth(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance problems with 9.2.15
Date: 2016-05-27 14:45:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

> ...(BTW, I wonder why you are moving only to 9.2 and not something more
>> recent.)
>>

> Well, 9.2.15 is what comes bundled with RHEL 7, so I decided to go with
> that to avoid dependency issues. But I could install a more fresh version
> from scratch if that would solve my problem.

Generally my first step is to get the latest stable directly from the
PostgreSQL Development Group, i.e.:
yum install
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch.rpm

Then I know I'm starting with the latest and greatest and will get critical
updates without worrying about any distribution packager delays.

Cheers,
Steve