Re: Log LDAP "diagnostic messages"?

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Log LDAP "diagnostic messages"?
Date: 2017-09-15 12:43:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
> I think the ldap_unbind() changes should be in a separate preliminary
> patch to be committed separately and backpatched.

OK, here it is split into two patches.

> The other bits looks fine, with nitpicks
>
> 1. please move the new support function to the bottom of the section
> dedicated to LDAP, and include a prototype

OK.

> 2. please wrap lines longer than 80 chars, other than error message
> strings. (I don't know why this file plays fast & loose with
> project-wide line length rules, but I also see no reason to continue
> doing it.)

Done for all lines I touched in the patch.

Thanks for the review!

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Improve-LDAP-cleanup-code-in-error-paths.patch application/octet-stream 3.1 KB
0002-Log-diagnostic-messages-if-errors-occur-during-LDAP-.patch application/octet-stream 5.2 KB