Re: [bug fix] ECPG: freeing memory for pgtypes crashes on Windows

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Michael Meskes (meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org)" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] ECPG: freeing memory for pgtypes crashes on Windows
Date: 2018-02-04 22:17:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:
> The fix is to add PGTYPES_free() in libpgtypes.dll, just like libpq has PQfreemem() described here:

+#ifndef PGTYPES_FREE
+#define PGTYPES_FREE
+ extern void PGTYPES_free(void *ptr);
+#endif

It seems quite strange to repeat this in pgtypes_date.h,
pgtypes_interval.h and pgtypes_numeric.h. I guess you might not want
to introduce a new common header file so that his can be back-patched
more easily? Not sure if there is a project policy about that, but it
seems unfortunate to introduce maintenance burden by duplicating this.

The "/" needs to move inside then closing tag.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com