Unicode collations in FreeBSD 11, DragonFly BSD 4.4 without ICU

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unicode collations in FreeBSD 11, DragonFly BSD 4.4 without ICU
Date: 2015-12-06 21:45:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

Since the ICU patch from the BSD ports trees has been discussed on
this list a few times I thought people might be interested in this

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2015-October/057781.html
https://www.dragonflybsd.org/release44/
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/this-is-how-i-like-open-source.53943/

(Thanks to pstef on #postgresql for pointing me at this).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com