Re: Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Luke Lonergan <luke(at)brightforge(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support
Date: 2017-11-09 05:09:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Is the AC_SEARCH_LIBS configure call needed to make PG build with the
> FreeBSD package?

Yes. My take is that the commit was correct: the library is needed
for --with-bonjour to work on non-macOS systems, and apparently it can
work (though I didn't personally try to assess that beyond seeing that
it could start up and connect to mdnsd). Perhaps Avahi doesn't
qualify as a suitable Bonjour implementation any more though, and
someone out there might like to consider writing a --with-avahi option
that uses the native API it's shouting about.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com