Re: inconsistency and inefficiency in setup_conversion()

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: inconsistency and inefficiency in setup_conversion()
Date: 2018-05-17 08:39:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:19 AM, John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached is a draft patch to do this, along with the conversion script
> used to create the entries. In writing this, a few points came up that
> are worth bringing up:

Hi John,

This failed for my patch testing robot on Windows, with this message[1]:

Generating pg_config_paths.h...
No include path; you must specify -I.
Could not open src/backend/catalog/schemapg.h at
src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm line 832.

I see that you changed src/backend/catalog/Makefile to pass the new -I
switch to genbki.pl. I think for Windows you might need to add it to
the line in src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm that invokes genbki.pl via
system()?

[1] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.48

--
Thomas Munro