Re: [HACKERS] proposal - Default namespaces for XPath expressions (PostgreSQL 11)

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal - Default namespaces for XPath expressions (PostgreSQL 11)
Date: 2018-09-17 21:14:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 5:36 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> po 17. 9. 2018 v 2:05 odesílatel Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> napsal:
>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:26 AM Andrew Dunstan
>> <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> > Thomas,
>> >
>> > I am unable to replicate the Linux failure seen in the cfbot on my
>> > Fedora machine. Both when building with libxml2 and without, after
>> > applying the latest patch the tests pass without error. Can you please
>> > investigate what's going on here?
>>
>> Well this is strange... I can't reproduce the problem either with or
>> without --with-libxml on a Debian box (was trying to get fairly close
>> to the OS that Travis runs on). But I see the same failure when I
>> apply the patch on my FreeBSD 12 laptop and test without
>> --with-libxml. Note that when cfbot runs it, the patch is applied
>> with FreeBSD patch, and then it's tested without --with-libxml on
>> Ubuntu (Travis's default OS). [Side note: I should change it to build
>> --with-libxml, but that's not the point.] So the common factor is a
>> different patch implementation. I wonder if a hunk is being
>> misinterpreted.
>

> This patch is not too large. Please, can me send a related files, I can check it manually.

I confirmed that xml_1.out is different depending on which 'patch' you
use. I've attached the output from FreeBSD patch 2.0-12u11 and GNU
patch 2.5.8. It's an interesting phenomenon, probably due to having a
huge long file with a lot of repeated text and a slightly different
algorithms or parameters, but I don't think you need to worry about it
for this. Sorry for the distraction.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
xml_1.out.bsd application/octet-stream 72.9 KB
xml_1.out.gnu application/octet-stream 72.9 KB