LDAPS

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LDAPS
Date: 2017-11-03 13:05:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

I've run into a few requests for $SUBJECT in the field. I understand
that this is a bit controversial: LDAP + StartTLS (what we already
support) is better than LDAPS because it's a proper standard, and LDAP
auth in general is not as good as some other authentication methods
that we should be encouraging. I don't actually have a strong view on
whether we should support it myself, but I took a swing at it to see
if there would be any technical obstacles. I did not find any. That
said, I've only tested the attached lightly on FreeBSD + OpenLDAP and
don't know if it'll work elsewhere. Thoughts?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
ldaps-v1.patch application/octet-stream 9.3 KB

  • Re: LDAPS at 2017-11-03 19:57:18 from Thomas Munro