Re: Re[4]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Guy Rouillier <guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re[4]: BUG #15626: Incorrect version number shown in BigSQL installation
Date: 2019-02-14 06:06:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 3:08 PM Guy Rouillier <guy(dot)rouillier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:
> Thank you for the reply, but I'm not understanding this "not our problem"
response I've now received twice. I went to the Downloads page for Windows
on the official PostgreSQL site:

> https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
>
> I elected to use the second installer listed on this page: "Graphical
installer by BigSQL". From the presentation on that page, it appears that
these two installers are the recommended method for installing PG. Nowhere
on that page does it say "here are two available installers - we don't
really know anything about them, and don't endorse them, but hey, if they
work for you, great". If the PostgreSQL site is going to list any software
packages, then there should be some minimal level of help with them,
perhaps simple links on where to obtain further help and report bugs.

It's a fair point, and there is a plan afoot to consider adding directions
to associated projects like that (PgAdmin, JDBC, ...) to our bug reporting
page. This was discussed at the FOSDEM PostgreSQL developer meeting a
couple of weeks ago, and I hope it comes to fruition because it'd be a
better experience for everyone.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com