Tweak cost_merge_append to reflect 7a2fe9bd?

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tweak cost_merge_append to reflect 7a2fe9bd?
Date: 2016-11-04 21:05:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

As noted in a nearby review of some similar code[1], commit 7a2fe9bd
made merge append very slightly more efficient, but nobody told
cost_merge_append about the change. I doubt it makes much difference
to the final cost in practice but I figured it might be worth
correcting the comment. Does this make sense?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D3o9um4pi0EphOGD7u2f862hX%2BBhwD5zko-TAk_Qj1JeQ%40mail.gmail.com

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
tweak-merge-append-costing.patch application/octet-stream 1.1 KB