PGSQL 10, many Random named DB

From: Durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL 10, many Random named DB
Date: 2018-01-24 10:52:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Somewhere the system administrator (who don't know the PG really) installed
a PGSQL server (10.x) with a database.
He couldn't manage the server well.

Yesterday my colleague saw 21 databases in this server with random names.
He checked it with built in PGAdmin IV.
Today we checked it again, and we saw 33 databases.

The first name is "ahucli" for example - like an aztec king... :-).

The server OS is Windows, the PGSQL is 10.x.

What can cause this strange thing?

1.) PGAdmin IV bug?
2.) Their server is hacked/cracked from outside?
3.) A wrong configured tool, or an automation?
4.) "Alien invasion", etc.

Did you see same thing anywhere?

Thank you for any advice in this theme!

Best regards