postgres for OLAP & data mining

From: Dario Beraldi <dario(dot)beraldi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres for OLAP & data mining
Date: 2011-09-30 14:12:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm looking for some information (guidelines, docs, tutorials, etc...) about
using postgres for OLAP, data mining, data warehousing. The sort of
questions I'm trying to answer are on the lines of
- What tools/SQL commands are available?
- How should postgres be configured?
- How suitable is postgres for these tasks (compared to other databases)?

I have done some Google search but I would appreciate any advice/hint from
more experienced users.

Many thanks in advance!

Dario