Help needed with a reproducer for CVE-2020-25695 not based on REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

From: Patrik Novotny <panovotn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help needed with a reproducer for CVE-2020-25695 not based on REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Date: 2021-04-30 13:13:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I need to reproduce the CVE-2020-25695 on PostgreSQL 9.2.24. I know this is
not a supported version, however, it is important for us to have a
reproducer for this version as well.

The reproducer for supported versions[1] is based on REFRESH MATERIALIZED
VIEW which is not implemented until version 9.3.

I was trying to reproduce this using ANALYZE as you can see in this poc.sql
file[2]. However, it doesn't reproduce the issue.

It would be really appreciated if someone could take a look at it and help.

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/test/regress/sql/privileges.sql;h=013bc95c74bd20e5ab7f1826ea7e676da2a0e85b;hb=HEAD#l896
[2] https://pastebin.com/6hgziYRD

Regards,