Re: CREATE COLLATION - check for duplicate options and error out if found one

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE COLLATION - check for duplicate options and error out if found one
Date: 2021-07-18 10:17:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 12:17, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 10:26, Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. The v5 patch LGTM.
>
> OK, I'll push that in a while.

Pushed, with some additional tidying up.

In particular, I decided it was neater to follow the style of the code
in typecmds.c, and just do a single check for duplicates at the end of
the loop, since that makes for a significantly smaller patch, with
less code duplication. That, of course, means duplicate "from" options
are handled the same as any other option, but that's arguably more
consistent, and not particularly important anyway, since it's not a
documented syntax.

Regards,
Dean