Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date: 2012-03-28 23:52:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29 March 2012 00:14, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I'm planning to commit the patch with a USAGE_NON_EXEC_STICK value
> of 3.0, which is the largest value that stays below 10% wastage.
> We can twiddle that logic later, so if you want to experiment with an
> alternate decay rule, feel free.

I think I may well end up doing so when I get a chance. This seems
like the kind of problem that will be solved only when we get some
practical experience (i.e. use the tool on something closer to a
production system than the regression tests).

doc-patch is attached. I'm not sure if I got the balance right - it
may be on the verbose side.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_statements_norm_docs.patch application/octet-stream 9.6 KB