Re: Preventing deadlock on parallel backup

From: Lucas <lucas75(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Preventing deadlock on parallel backup
Date: 2016-09-08 20:25:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I agree. It is an ugly hack.

But to me, the reduced window for failure is important. And that way an
failure will happen right away to be submitted to my operators as soon as
possible.

The queue jumping logic can not use the distributed transaction id?

On my logic, if a connection requests a shared lock that is already granted
to another connection in the same distributed transaction it should be
granted right away... make sense?