Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events

From: Marc Dean <marc(dot)dean(dot)jr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "michael(dot)paul(dot)powers(at)gmail(dot)com" <michael(dot)paul(dot)powers(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events
Date: 2018-07-24 17:43:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

If Sergei is correct, I would volunteer to work on the patch. I am
completely new to the codebase but this issue affects me. According to the
documentation for `ProcessCompletedNotifies()` it should be called just
before going idle... so perhaps in src/backend/replication/logical/worker.c
at the tail end of `apply_handle_commit`? Again.. just looking at the
codebase today so if this is beyond beginner level I will assist w/ testing
instead.