Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE
Date: 2013-05-09 00:59:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Please find attached the updated patch.

Fabien pointed out that currently does not check for non-trivial locales. I
am still on the learning curve about LOCALEs and so, let me know if this is
a show-stopper. I guess I could look at it and get back in some time with
more tests as Fabien points out.

(Apologies for the delay though. An update to the patch was mostly done
back in April, but since most of the other Code-Coverage patches
(SCHEMA/ROLE/etc.) had no other feedback, I worked on all of them together
just this week).

--
Robins Tharakan

On 12 April 2013 09:28, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find attached a patch to take 'make check' code-coverage of
>> COLLATE (/src/backend/commands/collationcmds) from 0% to 96%.
>>
>> Any feedback is more than welcome. Also posting this to Commitfest-next.
>>
> Just by having a quick look at the patch, using object names of the type
> cX is too generic even if the tests are done in a private schema. Why not
> using a name like collate_obj_X or similar?
> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_collate_v2.patch application/octet-stream 6.4 KB