Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files

From: "Moon, Insung" <tsukiwamoon(dot)pgsql(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files
Date: 2019-10-09 05:34:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear hackers.

First, I don't know which email thread should written a reply,
therefore using the first email thread.
Sorry about the inconvenience...

Sawada-san and I have previously researched the PostgreSQL database
cluster file that contains user data.
The result has been updated to the WIKI page[1], so share it here.

This result is simply a list of files that contain user data, so we
can think of it as the first step in classifying which files are
encrypted.
About the SLUR file that we have talked about so far, I think that
discussions are in progress on the necessity of encryption, and I hope
that this discussion will be useful.
#In proceeding with the current development, we specified an encrypted
file using the list above.

If the survey results are different, it would be a help for this
project if correct to the WIKI page.

[1]
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Transparent_Data_Encryption#List_of_the_contains_of_user_data_for_PostgreSQL_files

Best regards.