Re: What generates pg_config.h?

From: Travis Allison <travisallison(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, floriparob(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What generates pg_config.h?
Date: 2018-01-06 05:36:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom, I guess I don't understand the point of having a different pg_config.h
in my user/include/postgresql directory than the postgresql server that I
am running. You mentioned building client code that would reference the
pg_config.h in user/include/postgresql. A couple of questions:

What type of client code are you referring to?
What is the point of having a pg_config.h for a server that I am not even
running?

Travis