db size growing out of control when using clustered Jackrabbit

From: Gary Webster <webster(at)lexmark(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: db size growing out of control when using clustered Jackrabbit
Date: 2012-07-23 21:13:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello. I'm hoping someone has seen this before.

We are trying to use Postgres Plus v9.1.3 as the Persistence Manager in
Jackrabbit (Apache JCR) clustering (
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering).
Whenever the JCR is under load, the ws_bundle TOAST table in the
repository schema, grows out of control !

Some of my team members maintain that this problem doesn't occur with
MySQL, but I would rather stay with Postgres if possible...

Thanks.